April 6, 2010

Easter Cutouts



Easter was only a few days ago and my blood sugar levels are returning to normal after gorging on peeps, jelly beans, chocolate cream pie, and sugar cutout cookies of bunnies, chicks, and bugs. Yes, bugs.

I confess that I didn't actually bake any cookies this week so I'm resorting to a little help from my sister-in-law who is a fan of the blog (Hi Tammy!) and who has made many of the cookies found here. Tammy arrived on Easter Sunday with a gorgeous array of cutout cookies iced with a wonderful looking sparkly icing in supercharged colors. After a few questions I found out that the cookie cutouts are from Martha Stewart's bug collection and the icing is sparkle gel from Wilton and comes in tubes.


















I love the look of the brightly colored chicks, carrots, dragonflys and ladybugs. The cookie recipe is from Martha Stewart which always makes a deliciously buttery cookie.

As long as I'm sharing, here are the other dessert choices from Easter Sunday. My mom makes the best, tastiest pies on the face of the earth and we always have at least two to choose from. This year she made three amazing works of art.

Chocolate Cream Pie






Key Lime Pie






Lemon Meringue

No comments:

Post a Comment